Drivers in New South Wales who frequently rack up $25 or more in toll charges each week may be eligible for free vehicle registration this financial year thanks to the Toll Relief program implemented by the state government to help ease the cost of living for NSW toll road users.
The Toll Relief program provides free vehicle registration for drivers paying $1300 or more for tolls over the period of a year, providing savings of up to $715 for four-wheel drive owners, or up to $127 for motorcycle owners.
The rebate became available on July 1 of this year, and if you meet the eligibility requirements you’ll be entitled to one free 12 month registration for your car, ute, 4WD or motorcycle for registrations due between July 1, 2018 and June 30, 2019.
Drivers in Sydney’s north west have already made the most of the Toll Relief program, with more than 3000 people cashing in on free car registration in just a week.
Are you eligible?
- To ensure you receive your free rego, visit your toll provider online and check your contact details are up to date. Add all your vehicle licence plates to your toll provider account.
- The toll spend must have been accumulated on NSW toll roads, with a NSW tolling account.
- spend $1300 or more on NSW toll roads in a financial year (1 July to 30 June – on average, $25 or more per week)
- spend the $1300 or more on one tag or tagless account while driving a NSW privately registered vehicle
- have a private NSW toll account (E-Toll, E-way, Transurban Linkt or Roam)
- have added their vehicle plate number on their NSW toll provider account.
However, the Toll Relief program does not apply to tolls paid for heavy vehicles or vehicles registered for any use other than private (no ABN or CAN on a toll account).
If you think you may be eligible for the rebate you can apply via the Toll Relief reimbursement page. Otherwise, when you get your registration renewal in the mail, visit the Renew a Vehicle Registration page and start the registration renewal process. If you're eligible, you'll receive your free registration during the renewal process.
You might also like: