Most of us gals love the look of painted nails, but let’s face it waiting for the polish to dry is not only time consuming, it’s frustrating not being able to use your hands for at least half an hour without risking your colour job. Problem solved!
Here are five ways to speed up the drying process.
- Apply two thin coats. One thick coat of polish will take much longer to dry than two thin coats of polish, even if you leave a few minutes in between.
- Spray with cooking oil. A fine layer of oil excludes air and speeds up the drying process. It also helps to stop you from touching anything. Wash your hands after.
- Dip nails into icy water. The cold makes polish dry faster. After applying polish wait a few minutes then gently submerge nails in a bowl of icy cold water for three minutes.
- Blow dry on cold. Use a hair dryer on the cold setting to blow air over your nails. This works better than waving your hands around and blowing on them yourself.
- Put your tips on freeze. Sticking your hands in the freezer for a few minutes, or as long as you ca,n may not be good for the meat but it will help dry your polish.