Here are five ways to speed up the drying process.
- Apply two thin coats. One thick coat of polish will take much longer to dry than two thin coats of polish, even if you leave a few minutes in between.
- Spray with cooking oil. A fine layer of oil excludes air and speeds up the drying process. It also helps to stop you from touching anything. Wash your hands after.
- Dip nails into icy water. The cold makes polish dry faster. After applying polish wait a few minutes then gently submerge nails in a bowl of icy cold water for three minutes.
- Blow dry on cold. Use a hair dryer on the cold setting to blow air over your nails. This works better than waving your hands around and blowing on them yourself.
- Put your tips on freeze. Sticking your hands in the freezer for a few minutes, or as long as you ca,n may not be good for the meat but it will help dry your polish.