The only downside to using vinegar is the distinctive smell it leaves behind, which is more akin to fish and chips than a fresh and clean home.
But there are a few things you can do to mask and neutralize the smell of vinegar.
To mask the smell, add equal parts of water and vinegar to a bottle. Add the juice and peel of half a lemon and mix.
To neutralize the smell on stains, sinks, toilets and showers, add a tablespoon of baking soda and leave. If you’ve applied it to carpet, allow it to dry then brush or vacuum off.
To help the smell of vinegar disappear faster, turn on a fan or open a window to help create air flow.
Ready to start cleaning with vinegar? Here are some ideas to get you started:
- How to remove mould stains
- Vinegar and lavender-based fabric softener
- The genius way to clean your oven
- Cleaning hacks to add to your bag of tricks
- How to remove mildew and mould from the shower
- How to clean a shower
- How to clean stove top grates
- How to safely clean leather
- How to clean your front load washing machine properly
- How often should you wash your towels