• 1⁄2 cup light soy sauce
• 1⁄2 cup honey
• Juice of 2 lemons
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 4 chicken breast fillets, skin on
• 1 cup shredded Chinese cabbage
• 4 green shallots, thinly sliced
• 1 cup snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
• 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
• 1⁄2 red capsicum, thinly sliced
• 1⁄2 cup bean sprouts
• 1⁄2 bunch coriander, leaves picked
• 1⁄2 bunch mint, leaves picked
• 11⁄2 cups fried noodles
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 tsp rice vinegar
Combine soy, honey and lemon juice in a shallow baking dish, then season generously with pepper. Add chicken, then toss well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside for 30 minutes to marinate.
Preheat a lidded barbecue to medium. Put baking dish in barbecue and cook chicken, with lid down, turning regularly, for 30 minutes or until firm. If marinade reduces too much, add a small amount of water.
Meanwhile, combine cabbage, shallot, snow peas, carrot, capsicum, bean sprouts and herbs in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add noodles and toss again. Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar, then season. Slice chicken and serve with salad on the side.