- If your dog is suddenly less excitable or doesn’t jump around as much it could be a sign that their joints are causing them pain.
- A sign of arthritis in dogs is licking the painful joint.
- Some white fluffy dogs have a predisposition to allergies, so if they’re licking their feet often or suffering from ear infections it may be a sign of an allergy.
- If your dog can often be found staring blankly at a wall of staring off into space it can be a sign off dementia, particularly in older animals.
- Dogs that obsessively chase their tail can have a form of Obsessive-compulsive disorder which is treatable.
- If a cat suddenly stops moving around as much and starts spending more time lazing around it can be a sign of arthritis. Similarly, if your cat suddenly stops jumping on benches or trying to get to food then it may be a sign they’re suffering from body pains.
- If your cat is suddenly very grouchy and their personality has changed, it may be time for a vet check.
- Another sign of arthritis in cats is licking the sore joints often.
- A cat that stares at a wall or suddenly walks around meowing could be showing signs of dementia.
You might also like: