Make your own by mixing your fave herbs with butter – almost any culinary herb will make a delicious butter. Toss it through steamed vegetables or freshly cooked pasta, or serve on top of toast, grilled chicken, steak or salmon fillets.
• Put 250g softened salted butter in a bowl and beat with a wooden spoon until smooth.
• Stir in 1⁄3 cup finely chopped herbs (we used parsley, basil and oregano), 1⁄2 clove finely grated garlic and 1 tsp sweet paprika.
• Season well with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of sea-salt flakes.
• Spoon mixture onto a 25cm-long sheet of baking paper to form a log shape.
• Roll up paper tightly from 1 long side to enclose filling and twist ends to secure.
• Refrigerate for 2 hours or freeze for 1 hour, or until firm. Slice into rounds to serve.
Try these flavour combos...
• Coriander, chives and mint with a sprinkle of dried chilli flakes and a little freshly grated ginger.
• Basil, oregano, garlic and finely chopped semi-dried tomatoes.
• Parsley, thyme, garlic and finely grated zest of 1⁄2 a lemon.