• Cooking oil spray, for greasing
• 500g zucchini, grated
• 2 Tbsp olive oil
• 1 brown onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 180g cheddar, grated
• 250g self-raising flour
• 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, leaves picked
• 4 eggs, lightly whisked
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 200g leg ham, thinly sliced, torn
Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a 12-hole medium muffin tin with cooking oil spray and line holes with squares of baking paper.
Wrap zucchini in a clean, thin, woven kitchen cloth or muslin. Squeeze to remove excess liquid. Put zucchini
in a large bowl and set aside.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 minutes, then transfer to bowl with zucchini. Add cheese, flour, parsley and egg and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
Evenly divide 1⁄2 the zucchini mixture between prepared holes, then top with ham and remaining zucchini mixture. Bake for 25 minutes or until puffed and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve.