Nutrition per serve (4)
• 52g protein
• 26g carbohydrate
• 27g fat
• 6g saturated fat
• 5g fibre
• 458mg sodium
• 1⁄2 fennel
• 3 zucchini, trimmed
• Finely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
• 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced into rounds
• 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
• 1⁄2 long red chilli, deseeded, very thinly chopped
• 1⁄4 cup currants
• 1⁄4 cup nely chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
• 1⁄2 clove garlic, finely grated
• 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 4 (about 180g each) tuna steaks Extra
• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1⁄4 cup roasted natural almonds, roughly chopped
• Olive bread, to serve
• Lemon wedges, to serve
Trim green fronds from fennel, transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice fennel bulb in half lengthways. Using a mandolin, thinly slice fennel about 3mm thick and slice zucchini into ribbons about 3mm thick.
Preheat a barbecue grill plate to medium-high or put a chargrill pan over a medium-high heat. Grill fennel in a single layer, in batches, for 1 minute on each side or until lightly charred. Set aside in a large bowl, add lemon zest and juice and toss to coat. Grill zucchini ribbons, in a single layer, in batches, for 30 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Transfer to bowl with fennel, then add onion, vinegar, chilli, currants, parsley, garlic and oil. Toss gently to coat, then season with salt and pepper. Set salad aside.
Reduce grill plate heat to medium. Drizzle tuna with extra oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes on each side or until seared but still pink in the centre for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking.
Put tuna on serving plates and drizzle with salad bowl juices. Top with almonds and reserved fennel fronds, then serve with salad, olive bread and lemon wedges on the side.