• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1 wide baguette, cut in half lengthways
• 2 cobs leftover grilled corn
• 1⁄2 tsp sweet smoked paprika
• 2 green shallots, finely sliced Juice of
• 1 lime Extra
• 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2 avocados, halved, thinly sliced
• 2 cups leftover chicken or turkey meat, shredded
• 1 long red chilli, finely sliced, to serve
• Coriander leaves, to serve
• Lime wedges, to serve
Preheat a chargrill pan over a high heat. Brush oil onto cut side of baguette. Grill for about 30 seconds or until lightly charred. Cut baguette into individual portions and arrange on a serving platter.
Using a sharp knife, remove kernels from corn and transfer to a large bowl. Discard cobs. Stir in paprika, shallot, lime juice and extra oil, then season with salt and pepper.
Arrange avocado slightly overlapping on warm bread pieces. Top each with chicken or turkey and a spoonful of corn mixture. Serve topped with a little of the chilli and coriander and with lime wedges on the side.