• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 1.2kg boneless lamb shoulder
• 12 eschalots, peeled
• 12 Dutch carrots, trimmed
• 12 baby chat potatoes, unpeeled
• 3 cloves garlic, smashed
• 1 lemon, cut into wedges
• 4 sprigs oregano
• 2 sprigs rosemary
• 500ml dry white wine
• 250ml beef stock
• 100g marinated Persian feta, broken into large pieces, to serve
• 1 Tbsp roughly chopped pistachios, to serve
• Extra oregano leaves, to serve
Like it saucy? Spoon the cooking liquid over the lamb shoulder to add flavour and keep the meat moist.
Give it a twist Instead of lamb shoulder, you could use forequarter lamb chops. Brown them up nicely in the pan before cooking!
Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Add lamb and cook for 5 minutes, turning occasionally, until browned all over.
Put vegetables in the bowl of a 4.5L slow cooker and sit lamb on top. Top with garlic, lemon and herbs. Pour over wine and stock. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
Remove lamb from cooker and transfer to a chopping board. Roughly cut into large pieces.
Serve lamb and vegetables topped with a little of the cooking liquid, scattered with feta, pistachios and extra oregano.