• 1 baguette, halved lengthways, cut into 4
• 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, halved
• 4 eschalots, thickly sliced
• 1⁄2 bunch thyme, finely chopped
• 1⁄4 tsp celery seeds
• 3⁄4 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved
• 3⁄4 cup manzanilla olives, pitted and halved
• 2 Lebanese cucumbers, peeled, halved, deseeded, cut into fine wedges
• 1 cup green beans, sliced lengthways
• Juice of 1 lemon
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2 Tbsp tahini
• 2 Tbsp sour cream
Preheat a barbecue grill to high or a chargrill pan over a high heat. Drizzle cut side of bread with 1⁄2 of the olive oil and grill, cut-side down, until lightly charred. Rub thoroughly with garlic.
Heat remaining oil in a medium frying pan over a low heat and add eschalot. Cook for 3 minutes or until lightly softened. Add thyme, celery seeds and olives, then cook for a further 3 minutes. Add cucumber and cook briefly until softened. Stir in beans and lemon juice, then season.
Spoon olive mixture on toasts. Mix tahini and sour cream together in a small bowl. Spoon over toasts, then sprinkle with pepper to serve.