Prosciutto-wrapped chicken breast with puy lentils
45 MINUTES | SERVES 2 | EASY | GF
- Skinless chicken breasts 2
- Soft goat’s cheese 40g
- Fresh pesto 1 tbsp
- Lemon 1, zested
- Prosciutto 2 slices
- Ready-cooked puy lentils 250g pouch
- Baby kale 2 handfuls
- Red onion ½, sliced
- Cherry tomatoes a handful, halved
- Flat-leaf parsley a small bunch, chopped
- Dijon mustard 2 tsp
- Extra-virgin olive oil 1 tbsp
- Balsamic vinegar 1 tbsp
- Lemon ½, zested and juiced
- Heat the oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Make a pocket in the chicken breast by cutting into the thickest part, from the side, being careful not to cut all the way through. Repeat with the other chicken breast. Mix together the goat’s cheese, pesto and lemon zest with a little seasoning, and stuff this into the pockets you’ve made in the chicken. Season the chicken generously, lay out the prosciutto slices and use these to wrap each breast. Put both onto a baking-paper-lined tray and roast for 20-25 minutes.
- Whisk the dressing ingredients with a little seasoning. Heat the puy lentils following pack instructions and tip into the dressing. Stir through the kale, onion, tomatoes and parsley.
- To serve, slice the chicken breasts and serve on top of the salad, with a little more parsley sprinkled on top, if you like.
PER SERVING 566 KCALS | FAT 20.4G | SATURATES 6.4G | CARBS 34.2G | SUGARS 6.5G | FIBRE 11.3G | PROTEIN 55.7G | SALT 3.4G
For more delicious recipes and ideas on what to do this Spring, pick up a copy of Family Circle Spring, on sale in selected newsagents and supermarkets or buy online here today.