Gather your supplies
- 90 x 18 x 1.2m Tasmanian Oak Dressed All Round
- 40 x 12mm 1.2m Tasmanian Oak DAR Moulding
- Parfix 250ml PVA Wood Glue
- Cabot's 250ml Clear Satin Water-Based Interior Cabothane
- Buildex 7-16 x 50mm Zinc Plated Pan Head Needle Point Screws - 100 Pack
- Trojan 200 x 80mm Quick Action F Clamp
- Measuring tape – Craftright 3m Tape Measure
- Craftright 12 Piece Carpenters Pencil with Sharpener
- Craftright 350mm Tenon Saw
- Drill - Ryobi One+ 18V Drill Kit
- Irwin 32mm Speedbor Spade Drill Bit
- Paint Brush - Pro Renovator 50mm Trim Paint Brush
- Sutton Tools 3mm HSS Metric Viper Drill Bit
- Irwin 89mm Phillips Head #2 Screwdriver Bit
STEP 1 Bunnings can cut the timber to length for you. You’ll need one 70cm length of the 40mm wide timber and two 60cm lengths of the 90mm wide timber. Don’t forget to keep the offcut, you’ll need that too. Glue the lengths of the 90mm wide Tasmanian Oak together. Clamp and leave to dry for two hours.
STEP 2 Glue the 40mm wide timber to the edge of these two pieces so the ends overhang equally. Clamp and leave to dry for 12 hours.
STEP 3 To mark out the holes for the wine bottles, mark every 12cm down the centre of the wide timber.
STEP 4 So the holes are all drilled on the same angle, use a short length of the offcut to make a drilling guide. To get the angle, draw a line from one corner to the opposite edge and 10mm from that corner. Use the Tenon Saw to cut along this line.
STEP 5 To make the edges of the holes clean when you drill, lay your wine rack flat on the rest of the 90mm offcut then clamp them all to your bench. Place the point of the spade bit on your marked point and use the drilling guide to set it at the right angle. Maintain the angle as you drill all the way through the wine rack.
STEP 6 Sand all the cut edges to make smooth. Remove dust then apply two coats of clear varnish allowing it to dry between coats. Sand lightly between coats for a smooth finish.
STEP 7 Predrill through the centre of the end tabs. Use the screwdriver bit in your drill to screw into wall using 50mm pan head screws. Use an appropriate fixing method for your wall type.