Before you begin, pop into Bunnings to get what you need.
Gather your supplies
- Mirror – Estilo 450 x 600mm Diamond Edge mirror.
- Tiles – Johnson Tiles 238 x 328mm Mink Mosaic Wall Tile
- Adhesive – Parfix Window and Glass Silicone.
- Grout – Dunlop Ready-To-Go premixed grout.
- Tools: Measuring tape – Craftright 3m tape measure,
- Masking tape – Paint partner 24mm x 50mm blue tape,
- Caulking gun - Uni-Pro No-Drip Heavy Duty Caulking Gun,
- Tiling tools – QEP handheld tile cutter,
- Sponge – QEP tile sponge,
- Craftright retractable knife with three blades,
- Craftright 250mm multi-grip pliers
- Command 7.2kg White Large Picture Hanging Strips - 4 Pack
STEP 1 Measure and mark with pen a 40mm border inside the outer edge of the mirror, to indicate the width of the tile border.
STEP 2 Place the masking tape around the inside of the border, to prevent any silicone from getting on the mirror. Cover the rest of the mirror with cardboard to keep it clean.
STEP 3 Using a utility knife, cut the back of the tile sheeting to make strips of tiles, 4 rows wide.
STEP 4 Place tiles on your mirror. At the corners, let one tile strip run off the mirror then overlap another the strip on the adjacent side. Using a pen, mark where the tiles meet and need to be cut. Don’t forget to cut off a bit extra to create a gap between them.
STEP 5 Use tile cutters to trim tiles where required on corners and at ends.
STEP 6 Squeeze silicone onto the back of the tiles. Place on mirror and leave the silicone to set for 4 hours.
STEP 7 Spread grout into the gaps between the tiles and use a sponge to wipe off the excess. Rinse the sponge frequently. Leave to dry for 6 hours.
STEP 8 Remove the tape and cardboard then polish tiles and mirror.
STEP 9 Affix large picture hanging strips to the back of your frame according to the product’s directions. Hang and admire your great work!