Spring is upon us, so what better time to roll up your sleeves and get stuck into some fun gardening activities with the kids.
These adorable kitty planters are a fun way to get creative with the kids while at the same time reducing waste.
What you will need
Paper (for kitty ears stencil)
Plastic soda bottles (labels removed)
Paint markers (black and white)
Plants or herbs
1. Sketch a cat ears stencil out on paper and cut it out.
2. Place the stencil on the soda bottle and trace with a marker.
3. Cut the soda bottle along the marker lines.
4. Spray the bottle with two to three coats of spray paint. Allow to dry.
5. Draw a cat face on the front of the bottle with the paint markers and let dry.
6. Place the plants inside.
For more clever DIY and recycling ideas, head to SCRgroup, one of Australia’s largest and most innovative clothing and re-use and recycling companies.
You might also like: