When it comes to birthdays, special occasions and holidays, it seems unfair that our canine companions can’t indulge in the seasonal treats and celebrational sweets that we do.
Dr Cherlene Lee is a vet and the owner of My Vet Animal Hospital in Sydney, and she has put together the paw-fect dessert recipe that you and your dog can share on special occasions, or even just an average weeknight.
What you will need:
- A sturdy plastic cup
- Lactose-free, xylitol-free human yoghurt (double check the ingredients thoroughly)
- 100% carob buttons (take care to ensure the product isn’t a part chocolate, part carob blend – chocolate is poisonous to dogs)
- Chop up all the ingredients
- Boil hot water in a pot and float a heat-resistant bowl inside. Melt the carob buttons in the bowl.
- Drizzle the melted carob in the cup
- Layer yoghurt, fruits and honey into the cup
You might also like: