More than 350 Australians are diagnosed with cancer, everyday. However your generous donation to Cancer Council’s Daffodil Day can make a difference, as the funds go towards support services, education and prevention programs.
This Daffodil Day you can support Cancer Council and someone you know affected by cancer by dedicating a daffodil. You can purchase a pin, text to donate and dedicate a daffodil or simply make a donation online.
Here are 5 quick facts about daffodils you may not have known
1. It is said gifting daffodils brings happiness.
2. This yellow beauty represents joy, happiness, sunshine, respect, cheerfulness and new beginnings.
3. Daffodils are the 10th anniversary flower and symbolises the simple pleasures a couple have shared in their first 10 years together.
4. Aside from yellow, lime-green and pink, daffodils can also come in a range of colour combinations such as yellow/orange, yellow/white and orange/white.
5. It is the national flower of Wales.