Now is the perfect time to start making your Christmas plans, whether you like an over the top affair or crafting handmade gifts for family and friends! So make this your best season ever with our All I Want For Christmas special! We’ve got 169 fabulous festive ideas for decorating, gift making, celebrating, feasting and baking. Don’t miss it, on sale now!
Is your favourite part of the stuffing the crispy bits? You’ll love this crispy traybake stuffing. Try it now to perfect it for Christmas day!
CRISPY TRAYBAKE STUFFING
PREP 10 minutes
COOK 45 minutes
Makes 8-10 servings.
- 40g butter
- 2 onions, halved and sliced
- 1 Bramley or Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and diced
- 2 x 450g packs Cumberland sausages, skins removed
- Small bunch sage leaves, chopped, a few whole leaves reserved to serve
- 100g breadcrumbs
- 100g cooked chestnuts, roughly chopped
- Heat butter in a large, non-stick pan over a medium heat and cook onions for 10 minutes until softened. Add apple, cook for 2-3 minutes more, then set aside.
- Put sausage meat into a large bowl, and combine with onion and apple mixture, all the other ingredients and season to taste. Use your hands to mix everything really well. Can be kept in the fridge up to 2 days before baking.
- While the turkey crown is resting, spread stuffing into a large shallow roasting pan and cook in oven with turkey legs for 30 minutes or until the top has formed a crust. Serve immediately with the reserved sage leaves scattered over.