Create a stink
No-one wants to be that friend who has to tell their bestie they’ve been chewing tuna fish gum. And the friend usually has no idea. Tricky sitch. The solution? Always assume your breath might be questionable. Don’t just wave your toothbrush in the general vicinity of your mouth – get on in there at least twice a day to brush, floss, gargle and rinse like it’s your stated mission! But wait, there’s more...
- Don’t forget to scrub your tongue when you brush.
- A good electric toothbrush does a better job than a manual brush. Some are so technically advanced they will even make you a cup of tea (kidding, but only just!).
- Carry breath-freshening mints or gum in your bag. Keep a stash in the glove box and desk drawer too.
- Single-use mini toothbrushes are inexpensive, great for travelling and kind of cute.
- Invest in an air flosser or water flosser to take dental flossing to the next level. Water flossers effectively remove plaque and bacteria and, importantly, clean beneath the gum line.
- Be aware that certain foods, drinks and habits can cause lingering bad breath. Pick and choose your poison ahead of a hot date or big meeting.
- Speaking of poison, don’t smoke! Ashtray breath is a no-go zone.
- Visit your dentist for twice yearly cleanings and check-ups. Doing so helps nip potential dental crises in the bud.