Get the project sheet
This project uses plastic containers as mould to cast concrete bowls. Concrete is a mixture of sand, cement, lime and aggregate that is mixed with water.
• Quick-set concrete is available by the bag and is perfect for DIY projects like this.
• Adding BondCrete as an additive when mixing the concrete gives it a stronger bond.
• Use bowls that are wider at the top than base, and have a little bit of flexibility.
• The trick to working with concrete is to make sure it is free of air bubbles by tapping the container on a hard surface.
• Make sure you leave the concrete to set for the recommended time in a location out of direct sunlight.
For more decorating inspiration, pick up a copy of the latest issue of Better Homes and Gardens magazine in selected newsagents and supermarkets or buy online today!