- White Vinegar
- Leftover skins of lemon from cooking
1. Save your citrus peels: As you use up different types of citrus, save the peels instead of throwing them away. Add these peels to a large mason jar.
2. Add those citrus peels to a jar of vinegar: As you collect citrus peels, add them to a large mason until it's filled at least halfway. (This could take a few weeks.) Once the jar has enough peels, pour vinegar over the peels until it fills the jar. Cover your jar with a lid, and allow it to sit in a dark place for two weeks. The longer you let it sit, the more the citrus will infuse into the vinegar.
3. Strain it: After two weeks, strain your citrus cleaner using a fine mesh sieve placed over a large bowl. Discard the peels.
4. Pour the cleaner into a bottle: Add your citrus cleaner to a spray bottle/jar and use it as you would any other all-purpose cleaner.
When mopping add a cup full to your warm water.
Notes: Always test your cleaner on a small spot. Do not use lemon/citrus based cleaners on marble as the acid can affect the marble.