The few weeks leading up to Christmas can be manic. Before you know it, it’s only a week out from Christmas and you still have a long list of chores to complete. Sound like you? Don't worry, you're not alone!
Here’s a list of chores the staff at Better Homes and Gardens wish they could have done by someone else.
1. Christmas grocery shopping
Not only do you have to contend with the crowded car park, but also the queues at the supermarket checkout!
2. String up outdoor Christmas lighting
Once they’re up, it’s all good. But just the thought of dragging the lights out of storage, untangling them and then lugging around the ladder to start stringing, can seem like hard work!
3. Put up and decorate the Christmas tree
Time to pull out the Christmas tree from storage. For some it’s not putting up the tree that pains them, but pulling it down after Christmas!
4. Wrapping up Christmas presents
Three rolls of Christmas wrapping later, and you’re ready for a Bex and a good lie down.
5. Get the garden ready for entertaining
Mowing the lawn, whipper snippering, weeding, planting…the list is endless!
6. Oil the deck in preparation for entertaining
When you’re time poor, your weathered deck is often the last thing on your mind. Yes?
7. Oil the timber furniture in preparation for entertaining
Are the outdoor chairs and tables looking a little grey and weathered because the last time you oiled them was in 2014? Whoops!
8. Clean the house before the Christmas guests arrive
Toilet, kitchen, tiles, floorboards, windows…you name it, they all need a clean!
9. Christmas present shopping
So you’ve got the list. Now you just need to get to the shopping centre. Tomorrow. The day after. Maybe next week?
10. Clean out the spare room for the Christmas visitors
Dust, vacuum, put on new sheets, put away the clutter. It all takes time!
All the chores that you hate to do can always be outsourced using Airtasker.