• 250g chicken breast, cut into chunks
• 250g boneless chicken thighs, cut into chunks
• 1 large Granny Smith apple, peeled and grated
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme or sage, chopped, or a pinch of mixed dried herbs
• 1 egg yolk
• 1 low-salt chicken stock cube, crumbled (for babies over one year)
• 50g fresh white breadcrumbs
• Salt and freshly ground pepper (for babies over one year)
• Plain flour for coating
• Vegetable oil for frying
Suitable for freezing
Put the chicken in a processor and pulse for a few seconds.
Using your hands, squeeze out a little excess liquid from the grated apple.
Mix the apple with the chicken, onion, herbs, egg yolk, stock cube (if using) and breadcrumbs, and roughly chop in a processor for a few seconds.
Season with a little salt and pepper (if using).
With your hands, form into about 20 balls, roll in flour and fry in shallow oil for about 5 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through.
Looking for more parenting tips from Annabel Karmel? Click here to find out more about New Idea's 'Flawsome Mum Parenting Event', where you can get answers from leading parenting experts.