• 4 red capsicums
• 4 yellow capsicums
• 4 corncobs, husks and silk removed
• ¹⁄³ cup olive oil
• 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges
• ¼ cup fresh lime juice (you will need 4 large limes)
• ½ tsp ground chipotle spice or Mexican seasoning
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 1 bunch coriander, leaves picked
Preheat oven to 220°C. Put capsicums on a large oven tray and put in oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until charred black all over. Stand until cool enough to handle. Remove skin. Deseed and cut into 2cm-wide strips, then put in a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat a chargrill pan over a high heat. Brush corncobs with 1 Tbsp of the oil and cook for 8 minutes or until tender and charred, then set aside. Add onion to same chargrill pan and cook for 6 minutes, then add to bowl with capsicum. Slice kernels off corncobs in clusters (don’t break into single pieces), then add to capsicum mixture.
Put remaining oil, lime juice and spice in a jug. Season and stir to combine. Roughly chop ½ the coriander and add to dressing, then stir until combined. Pour over salad and toss to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle over remaining coriander to serve.