Exposed to the elements and the harsh Aussie climate, your deck takes a beating.
While a quick clean and coat is the easy option, once decking boards and handrails start to rot and break, it can become downright dangerous. Time to invest a little money and energy in a new deck! It will make your place look 10 times better and your gang will be able to enjoy the outdoor space safely for many years to come.
1. New decking can dramatically improve the look and value of your home. While you’re at it, build a pergola and update the balustrade for a stylish, modern look.
2. If you go for timber, as here, coat it in natural decking oil to nourish the wood and maintain the colour. Or, try a low-maintenance fibre cement system like HardieDeck.
3. Still plenty safe, a wire balustrade will give you almost uninterrupted views of your garden.
4. Create cute groupings of plants with a range of different‑sized pots.
5. For cohesion, match furniture to your timber then add comfort and colour with cushions.