• 300ml chicken stock
• 300ml sour cream
• 6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 2kg desiree potatoes, unpeeled, very thinly sliced
• 150g parmesan, finely grated
• ½ cup finely chopped chives
• 100g brie, thinly sliced
• Extra chopped chives, to garnish
• Extra thyme sprigs, to garnish
Preheat oven to 180°C. Put stock, sour cream, thyme and garlic in a small saucepan over a high heat, stirring to combine. Bring to the boil, then season. Set aside, keeping warm.
Arrange ¼ of the potato in a single layer in a 3½ litre-capacity baking dish. Scatter over ¼ of the parmesan and ¼ of the chives. Layer remaining potatoes, parmesan and chives, finishing with a layer of potato. Pour over warm stock mixture. Cover with a sheet of baking paper, then cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove paper and foil. Increase oven temperature to 200°C.
Arrange brie on top of potato and bake for a further 40 minutes or until top is golden and potatoes are tender. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool slightly. Serve garnished with extra chives and thyme.