With Christmas just around the corner it’s time to start thinking about how you’re going to decorate your home for the festive season. If you’re after affordable and stylish Christmas decorations, make a beeline for Big W.
Rebecca Thomas, Christmas Buyer for BIG W, says that Christmas at Big W has never been more accessible: “We know that Christmas can be a stressful and expensive time for families and that’s why we’ve dropped prices on popular items this year.
“In fact, this year, it’ll be possible to buy and decorate a family Christmas tree for under $60, complete with twinkling lights. To get the look, head instore for the 185cm Christmas Tree $12, Luxury Decoration pack $30 and LED String Lights $15,” she says.
Here’s a round-up of Big W’s Christmas decorations.
Four big Christmas décor trends have emerged from Big W this year: summer ombre; pastel wonderland; Scandi woodland and classic Christmas.
1. Summer Ombre
Add a splash of graduated rainbow colour to your Christmas look, with vibrant decorations from gold through to magenta, azure and emerald.
Get the look: Grand pine tree, $129; jingle bell rock 50pk baubles, $10; jingle bell small tree top star, $4.
2. Pastel wonderland
A pastel colour palette doesn't typically come to mind when you think about Christmas, but it’s a romantic look that captures the whimsy of the season. Look for hues of pale pinks, baby blues and dusty golds with pearlised finishes and glitter details.
Get the look: White Christmas tree, $49; O Christmas Tree luxury decoration pack, $30; O Christmas Tree individual assorted decoration, $2- $5 each; O Christmas Tree glitter tree top star, $4; and Christmas decoration glitter letters, $2.
3. Scandi Woodland
The Scandi interiors trend is translated for Christmas with a colour palette of red, soft sage, silver and white for a rustic and homely look. Pair these decorations with natural timbers, white and aged finishes, and complete the Scandi look with logs, twine and plenty of faux or real greenery. A light-up star atop the tree completes the festive vibe.
Get the look: Snowy Alaskan glitter frosted Christmas tree, $99; Home For The Holidays baubles luxury pack, $30; Home For The Holidays deluxe battery operated tree top star, $15.
4. Classic Christmas
When it comes to Christmas you can never go wrong with a classic palette of green, red, blue and silver. To really make this look pop, consider a black tipped tree for a contemporary twist.
Get the look: Big W black Bavarian frosted Christmas tree, $79; Deck The Halls luxury baubles pack, $30; Santa hat, $3.
How can you mix new decorations with decorations you already own to freshen up your Christmas look?
“Make sure you pick a good colour scheme and stick to it,” says Amanda Lunn, Head of Commercial Seasonal and Everyday at Big W.
“Freshen up your tree with some new statement pieces that match your current theme. You can also reinvigorate your Christmas decorations by adding some tabletop statement pieces too.”
Want to get crafty and create your own Christmas hack? Try these ideas:
1. Give your tree an Australiana theme with Big W’s line of unique Australian-inspired ornaments including sequin pineapples and starfish, surfing Santas and Kombi vans (assorted ornaments $1 to $5).
2. Got spare baubles? Simply pop them inside a glass vase or trifle dish for a coordinated centrepiece, or attach them to your present for fun gift wrap.
3. Make your own crackers with personalised messages, photos or prizes with Big W’s DIY Bon Bons, $15 for a 6-pack.
4. Create your own DIY wall light tree with a set of 3M Command hooks and a set of Christmas tree lights.
5. Entertain in festive style with all the trimmings. Choose from BIG W’s limited edition range of gold-plated carving utensils for the Christmas Ham to glittery cocktail shakers and colourful dinner sets.
You might also like: