Enjoy this delicious chocolate truffle log straight from the pages of the new cookbook –it’s just delicious!
CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE LOG
Preparation time: 20 mins plus
4 hours chilling
Cooking time: 5 mins
Makes about 12 slices
• Melted butter, to grease
• 250g packet Arnott’s Scotch Finger biscuits
• 2 x 180g blocks good quality dark chocolate
• Extra 80g unsalted butter, roughly chopped
• 1⁄3 cup Dutch cocoa
• 395g can sweetened condensed milk
• Extra 40g good-quality dark chocolate
• Store-bought chocolate truffles, to decorate
• Extra Dutch cocoa, to dust
1. Grease bar tin with butter, then line base and sides with baking paper. Roughly crush biscuits using a rolling pin. Set aside.
2. Break chocolate into pieces and put in a medium saucepan. Add extra butter, cocoa and condensed milk. Put over a medium-low heat and stir for 4 minutes or until mixture is melted and smooth. Remove from heat and add biscuit.
3. Stir chocolate mixture until well combined.
4. Spoon mixture into prepared tin. Spread evenly.
5. Press mixture down firmly with the back of a spoon. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
6. Put extra chocolate in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium/50% in 30-second bursts, stirring, until melted. Cut truffles in half. Spoon a little melted chocolate onto truffles and arrange on top of log. Transfer to a platter and dust with cocoa. Serve.
Along with this chocolate truffle log you’ll find more recipes inside the Best of the Best Cookbook, on sale now!