1. It’s less expensive than building or buying a new home.
2. Where the property meets specific development requirements, the process is simpler than building a new home.
3. If leased as full-time accommodation or a part-time holiday let, where permissible,
a granny flat provides income potential.
4. Family members can live within close proximity of their relatives, while retaining privacy and independence.
5. You’ll have more space to host guests or to create a home office, hobby zone or multipurpose room.
6. Generally speaking, a granny flat is a favourable addition when selling your property.