• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• 500g beef sausages
• 1 sliced brown onion,
• 1 finely diced carrot and
• 2 crushed garlic cloves
• 140g tomato paste,
• 1 cup red wine,
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 500ml beef stock
• 4 sprigs rosemary
• 250g rigatoni pasta
• Shaved parmesan and chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve.
1. Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat.
2. Remove skins from 500g beef sausages and squeeze bite-size pieces of filling into pan.
3. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until golden. Set aside on a plate.
4. To the same pan, add 1 sliced brown onion, 1 finely diced carrot and 2 crushed garlic cloves and cook for 5 minutes.
5. Return sausages to pan with 140g tomato paste, 1 cup red wine, 400g can chopped tomatoes, 500ml beef stock and 4 sprigs rosemary, stirring to combine.
6. Bring to the boil, then add 250g rigatoni pasta.
7. Reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, for 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
8. Serve rigatoni topped with shaved parmesan and chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves.