• 2 calamari hoods, cleaned, reserve tentacles and wings
• 100ml extra virgin olive oil
• 8 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• 2 Tbsp coriander seeds, toasted
• 2 tsp black pepper Juice of
• 2 limes
• 2 Tbsp fish sauce
• 10 large green prawn cutlets, butterflied
• Sea-salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper, to season
• 4 black Russian or Kumato tomatoes, chopped
• 8 radishes, thinly sliced
• 1 heart celery, thinly sliced
• 1⁄2 cup mint leaves
• 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves
• Extra mint leaves, to serve
• Extra coriander leaves, to serve
• Shredded celery leaves, to serve (optional)
Cut calamari hoods into thin rings. Set aside.
To make dressing, heat 40ml of the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes or until just golden. Transfer to a plate. Put coriander seeds and black pepper in a mortar, then crush using a pestle. Add 40ml of the remaining oil, fried garlic, lime juice and fish sauce, then pound to combine. Set aside.
Preheat a barbecue hotplate to medium-high. Drizzle remaining oil over prawns and reserved calamari rings, tentacles and wings, then season. Cook prawns for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a large bowl. Cook calamari for 1 minute on each side or until just cooked. Add to prawns. Pour dressing over hot seafood and toss until combined. Add tomato, radish, celery, mint and coriander. Toss to combine, then stand for 5 minutes to allow flavours to infuse.
Scatter with extra mint, extra coriander and celery leaves, if using, then serve.