• 4 x 160g skinless and boneless Tasmanian salmon fillets
• Ground white pepper, to season
• 4 bay leaves
• 4 rosemary sprigs
• 2 lemons
• 1 red onion, sliced
• 1 Tbsp capers, well rinsed
• ¼ cup blanched almonds, chopped
• 1 tsp ground sumac
• ½ bunch parsley, finely chopped
• ¼ bunch dill, finely chopped
• 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
• 2 cups baby spinach leaves, to serve
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Lightly season salmon with ground white pepper. Put each fillet on a 20cm square of baking paper with a bay leaf and a rosemary sprig. Wrap up tightly, then put parcels on an oven tray and bake for 8 minutes or until fish is cooked to medium-rare.
Use a small sharp knife to remove zest from lemons, then slice into fine strips. Blanch zest and onion in a pan of boiling water, then refresh under cold running water. Put lemon zest and onion in a bowl. Add capers, blanched almonds, sumac, parsley, dill and olive oil. Open salmon parcels and spoon over lemon relish. Re-wrap parcels and bake for a further 2 minutes.
Arrange spinach leaves on 4 plates and top with a fish fillet and lemon relish.