There’s nothing worse than leaving it to the last minute and being stuck with ho-ho-hum gift wrap on the biggest day of giving each year. If wrapping is your thing you’ll know to get in quickly to ensure you get the pick of the bunch of Christmas wrapping papers, ribbons, tags and the odd flourish on offer each year.
A little planning goes a long way and many of these beauties can be ordered online now, or pop them on your shopping list and grab a stash next time you’re out and about.
1. Starry Night’ wrapping paper in Red/Gold, from $7.95 per roll, Vandoros Fine Packaging
2. Caroline Gardner ‘Merry Christmas’ wrap, $7.50, Papier D’Amour
3. Rifle ‘Floral Blue’ wrap, $7.95, Paper2
4. Mini red envelopes $5.95/packet of 10, Paper2
5. Better Homes and Gardens Christmas gift wrap kit
6. Rifle ‘Holiday Snow Scene’ wrapping paper, $7.95, Paper2
7. Red Pantone honeycomb ball, $7.50, Papier D’amour
8. ‘12 Days of Christmas double-sided gift wrap, $5.95/sheet, Bespoke Letterpress
9. ‘Just For You’ tag, $2, Papier D’Amour
10. Washi tape, $4.95 each, Paper2
11. Gold geo print wrapping paper, $2, The Base
12. Kraft wrapping paper, $4.98, Officeworks
13. ‘Spots’ foil gift tags, $9/pack of 10, Penned Black
If you are on a tight budget but can’t resist a beribboned gift, buy just a few rolls of fancy paper and cut wide sections along the width of the roll, approximately 10cm wide. Wrap gifts in affordable plain paper, such as butchers paper or brown paperfrom a supermarket and add a wide band of patterned paper on top. Add a coloured (even handmade) card and matching ribbon and you’ll have nothing short of a beautifully wrapped offering.
This article originally appeared on Home Beautiful.