1. You can never have enough storage above and below your desk, for files and must-keep documents. Include a small filing cabinet, magazine files, drawer organisers, shelving units and decorative storage boxes to keep on top of your filing needs.
You can find filing cabinets everywhere, but a favourite is this one from BHG Shop. It's neutral, easy and modest, which means you can still do a lot with it regardless of where you pop it! Have a look at it online, here.
2. Desktop storage for stationery and other work-related paraphernalia will keep you tidy and super organised. Choose stylish, decorative items for your desktop to keep this zone looking great at all times!
The best about this? Think neutral and minimal with a snazzy design element, like concrete! Have a look at the below on from BHG Shop here.
3. A wall-mounted noticeboard is just the trick for pinning up reminders, prints, photos or the odd motivational quote.
Who said they can't be bright and fun, too? For your home office, or even a study space for the kids, this skate themed one is bang-on. See it on BHG Shop.
4. While most of us have access to digital calendars, a hardcopy calendar is one of those things that comes in handy to scribble up events and meetings as you book them in. Buy a wall calendar or smaller desktop version that suits your decorator style.
Why not keep it on-trend, though with something equal parts cute to equal parts cheeky? This emoji calendar will do the trick! See it on BHG Shop.
5. Desktop lighting is important to consider, so pick a desk lamp that suits your required light level and looks the part, too!
And what more could look that part than ocean blue in a room of friendly neutrals, or bold'n'brave print and colour? This lamp. See it on BHG Shop.
6. Cable organisers help reduce cable clutter down the back of your desk – for your computer, mobile phone, printer, lamp and so on.
This one charges your phone, too! See it in action on BHG Shop.
7. Keep your trash and recycling contained with waste bins by your desk.
How nice is this one? See it on BHG Shop.
8. Refresh the air by your desk – and bring in a little of the outdoors – with a potted plant. Choose a suitable-sized pot and saucer you adore and an indoor-loving plant from your local garden centre.