1. Use as a stain remover - use bi-carb paste to aid in the removal of greasy food marks (eg. Butter, margarine, cooking oil). Leave for 30 minutes and then soak in detergent. See below for bi-carb paste recipe.
2. Eliminate smelly laundry – reduce the smell of dirty laundry by sprinkling bi-carb into your laundry basket. This will not damage clothes.
3. Deodorise your shoes – sprinkle a small amount of dry bi-carb into your shoes to absorb smells. Shake out well before wearing.
4. Freshen new towels – wash new towels with ½ cup of bi-carb to increase fluffiness.
5. Boost your laundry detergent effectiveness – add ½ cup of bi-carb with your usual washing detergent, which can improve the performance of your detergent.
6. Deodorise your wardrobe – keep a small box of dry bi-carb in your wardrobe to absorb smells.
7. Whiten whites – add 2 tablespoons of bi-carb to your regular liquid laundry detergent to refresh whites and reduce yellowing.
How to make bi-carb paste Combine 3 parts of bi-carb soda with 1 part water. Adjust for your desired consistency.
Tips courtesy of McKenzie's Foods