2. Satisfy your wanderlust every time you step into your bathroom! All it takes is a feature splashback of multi-patterned tiles common to Spain, Portugal, Turkey, Morocco… Bang on is a stone vessel atop a rustic tabletop.
3. Hero recycled timber as a weathered grey custom vanity. Comfortable in a monochrome setting of white shiplap walls, black tiles and accents, the finishing touch is a pair of gooseneck wall sconces with their curvy once-upon-a-time character adding a vintage vibe.
4. Show off your prettiest towels by putting them on show with a DIY hanging rack. It’s as easy as sisal rope threaded through timber lengths with evenly spaced knots used to space the rungs.
5. Distinctive black is making its style presence felt in the bathroom. Visit any showroom and jet black baths, vanities, tapware and accessories abound. Being a neutral, it’s as unlikely to date as white. Paired with white, it’s a monochromatic winner. Or, amp up its appeal with a backdrop of blue. And if you’re a fan of matt encaustic patterned floor tiles, ensure touches of blue appear.
6. Surely the ultimate spa experience is a roomy walk-in shower. Thoughtfully appointed with a wall-mounted rain- and hand-held shower, a small niche gives toiletries a home off the floor. Naturally occurring patterns in the stone and plankeffect tiles achieve distinctive texture. And, by altering the floor tile direction, the transition from room to shower is seamless while adding another layer of interest.
7. Fall for a roll-top freestanding bath with its implied old-world luxury. It offers relaxation and gives your bathroom instant wow. It can stand alone in the middle of the room or in front of a wall – even if it’s white brick with industrial overtones.