Not Quite Nigella is food enthusiast and blogger, Lorraine Elliott. As for the title of Lorraines’s blog, it is “an acknowledgment of the role that Nigella Lawson played in getting me to learn how to cook”. Lorraine began blogging in 2007. The response from her audience was so overwhelming, she started blogging full time in 2009 and hasn’t looked back.
Oh, and before you ask. Yes, Lorraine has met Nigella Lawson and Nigella loves the name of the blog.
1. What is your favourite food and why? At the moment, it's pastries filled with custard. It's winter and I'm carb loading. Carb loading for what, I don't know!
2. What are you passionate about? Do you mean apart from pastries filled with custard? ;)
3. What is your favourite holiday destination? It would be Japan or America. I love visiting both for different reasons but both of them are a writer's dream.
4. Who inspires you the most? People that go out of their way to be kind to others.
5. Who would you invite to a dinner party? Prince, Amy Schumer, Banksy and Tina Fey along with my friends.
6. What are you reading at the moment? I was given some retro cookbooks for my birthday so I'm flicking through them. There's a lot of frightful concoctions involving both jelly and aspic, as well as pineapples and sausages.
7. Best advice you have ever received? You could be the tastiest, juiciest peach in the world but there is always going to be someone that comes along and says that they hate peaches. It's 100% true :) Also, look after and be grateful for your health.
8. Who are you following on instagram or twitter? I'm a strange social media person. I mostly follow random people and my friends.
9. Favourite movie or television program? The Killing (US version). It's a slow paced and beautifully acted show wrapped around a murder mystery. I love getting invested in a whole show and watching it for lots of seasons.
10. If you had a super power, what would it be? Flying would be pretty cool. And reading people's minds. Only for good though, not evil :)
Like Avocado fries? Here's a quick tutorial from Not Quite Nigella.
For Lorraine's Raspberry Passionfruit Layer cake recipe (image above), click here.
You might also like Getting to know Katherine Sabbath or more cake recipes: