Step 1 Put 20g chopped unsalted butter in a 1-cup capacity microwave-safe mug.
Step 2 Put in microwave on high/100% for 20 seconds or until butter melts.
Step 3 Add ¹⁄³ of a ripe banana and mash with a fork.
Step 4 Stir in 2 Tbsp brown sugar.
Step 5 Pour in 2 Tbsp milk and stir to combine.
Step 6 Add 3 Tbsp self-raising flour and stir again until well combined.
Step 7 Stir in 1 Tbsp white chocolate chips.
Step 8 Put in microwave on high/100% for 80–90 seconds (depending on depth and width of mug) or until cake rises to top of mug and is firm to touch. Serve with ice-cream, sliced banana and caramel topping.
Note This cake is more pudding-like and a little denser than the chocolate cake.
You might also like the 2-minute rich dark chocolate mug cake.
• Watch the 'How to make a 2-minute banana white chocolate mug cake' video below.
• To make the cake more pantry-friendly, swap butter for 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil.
• No milk? Use water instead.
• Instead of chocolate chips, try rolled oats or finely chopped apple or pear.
• For an indulgent adult twist, drizzle your favourite liqueur over the cake once cooked.
• Use microwave-safe cups. Please note, the cups used in this shoot are ceramic, made to look like enamel.