For a lot of us, a little bottle of hand sanitising gel is a handbag staple. It’s the go-to thing we reach for when we want to clean up grubby hands. But it can also be used to clean other things. Here, we've rounded up 12 ways to repurpose hand sanitiser.
Around the House
- Clean fingerprints from walls and doors.
- Disinfect the phone or device.
- Remove sticky residue.
- Wipe away permanent marker on dry erase boards (do a patch test first).
- Clean fingerprints off stainless steel surfaces.
- Disinfect makeup brushes.
- Remove smudges from glass surfaces.
- Remove scuff marks on walls.
Out and about
- Clean your glasses.
- Use as an emergency deodorant.
- Clean the dashboard and other nooks and crannies in the car.
- Remove stains on clothes.