The signs that we are getting older tend to creep up on us. One day you’re going for a run without a care in the world, and the next your back is making strange cracking noises, it’s harder to get out of bed and a cheeky evening glass of wine has a much longer lasting effect than we anticipated.
We all want to stay youthful for as long as possible, and it seems beauty and health journalist and wellness coach Faye James may have found the answer, which she shares in greater detail in her book, The Long Life Plan. According to Faye, feeling young and energetic is easy to do, here are her top tips below.
10 ways you can stay youthful for longer
- “Start the day with lemon juice, apple cider vinegar first thing to flush out the liver and assist with digestion.”
- “Exercise for at least 30 minutes EVERY day. I personally love yoga and pilates as they are very anti-ageing exercise forms and keep the body supple and toned.”
- “Drink green tea with fresh ginger throughout the day to keep the body hydrated. Green tea contains plenty of antioxidants to keep the skin supple and young.”
- “Eat at least half a plate of fresh veggies with every meal. Vegetables really need to be the staple of your daily diet. They are rich in vitamins required to keep you looking and feeling young.”
- “Use distilled rosewater after cleansing the face. Rosewater is very hydrating and keeps wrinkles at bay.”
- “Make a homemade turmeric mask. Turmeric is full of anti-inflammatory properties and will keep your skin glowing and young.”
- “Avoid complex carbs. As you age you are more prone to diabetes and weight gain. Keep your insulin levels in check by eating good carbs such as sweet potatoes, quinoa and pulse pasta.”
- “Avoid refined sugar. It’s extremely ageing and if you want to stay looking young keep consumption to a minimum! Use maple syrup or honey instead.”
- “Cook 90 per cent of your meals at home. Eating less processed or packaged foods is better for your health and will keep you feeling and looking younger!”
- “reduce your consumption of cow's milk and replace with coconut or almond.”
You might also like: