1. In this room, a Moroccan-inspired architectural silhouette was painted to create an allusion of grandeur. Create your own statement wall by drawing on a design and masking off sections with tape.
2. A large-scale fabric artwork looks stunning in this luxury boutique hotel. Achieve a similar look by hanging a large silk scarf on the wall.
3. Create interest in a room by hanging a collection on the wall. In this living room, a collection of paper fruit and flora makes a striking display.
4. A large rug or piece of fabric takes up a lot of real estate on a wall and can instantly transform a room. Tie the look together by using colours in the rug to decorate the rest of the room.
5. A mod design wall is easy to achieve with a giant painted circle. Use a string, nail and pencil to draw the circle on the wall. Add a floating shelf and wall hanging for a layered textural effect.
6. Plates on the wall aren’t anything new, but this mass collection makes a striking impact. The secret is in the colour and presentation. Choose one thing and go big and bold for instant drama.
7. If you have an artistic streak (or know someone who does), paint a mural on a brick wall. In this dining room, the oversized roses make a huge style statement.
8. A collection of tribal art and design objects makes a powerful statement in this living room. Tell a story in your home by grouping thematic elements on the wall.
9. A piece of tribal barkcloth can make an eye-catching artwork on a wall. You could also use a large piece of printed fabric.
10. Displaying multiples of the same object can have a powerful effect on a room. Here, three guitars in different sizes create interest on an otherwise plain wall.