3. Refresh your toothbrush Soak toothbrushes in bi-carb solution overnight, then rinse. To make a solution, dissolve 3 tablespoons of bi-carb soda in 1 lite of water water.
4. Deodorant Simply dusting your underams lightly with bi-carb will absorb body odours.
5. Mouthwash Keep your mouth smelling fresh by adding 1 teaspoon of bi-carb to a small glass of warm water and swishing through teeth. Rinse.
6. Foot bath Soothe tired and aching feet by soaking in a basin of warm water and 3 tablespoons of bi-carb.
7. Anti-dandruff treatment Soak your hair in a bowl of warm water with 1 tablespoon of bi-carb for a minute, three times a week initially, then once a month for maintenance. Results will vary depending upon each case.
8. Insect bites Apply bi-carb paste directly to insect bites and rashes to relieve discomfort. Make paste by combining 3 parts of bi-carb soda with 1 part water. Adjust for your desired consistency.
9. Oral hygiene Bi-carb is a gentle abrasive that cleans like the strongest of toothpastes. Apply a small amount to a damp toothbrush, brush as usual and rinse.
10. Body exfoliator Use ¼ teaspoon of bi-carb with shower gel or body wash. Make sure the bi-carb is well dissolved and then apply in gentle circular motions to your body.
Tips courtesy of McKenzie's Foods