Turn up the heat with Dulux Persimmon
Gaze towards a summer sunset and you’ll be sure to spot this shade somewhere in the glowing horizon. A little bit classic, a lot troppo, partner this colour with deeper shades of pomegranate, natural timber and neutral-coloured decorator items.
Make it yellow with Dulux Day Glow
Reminiscent of freshly sliced pineapple and homemade lemonade, this refreshing colour oozes summer style. Not too buttery and not overly bright –this calming shade of yellow is just right!
Sail out to sea with Dulux Green Buoy
Want to feel like you’re taking a dip into the sparkling sea? Every time you glance at this glorious shade, you’ll be transported to summer days of salty hair, snorkelling and fun in the sun.
Keep things classic with Dulux Winnow
Like a breath of fresh summer air – you can’t go wrong with a good neutral! Not too stark, this shade of white has a hint of depth to it, and performs well with other neutrals and natural timbers. Otherwise, partner it alongside almost any colour you love!
Decorator’s tips to paint timber chairs:
- Work in a well-ventilated area, and spread out a drop sheet to catch the mess. Shake out the drop sheet after sanding.
- Lightly sand timber surfaces before painting – this will give them a rough surface for the paint to stick to. Wipe away dust.
- Apply a stain blocker (we used a shellac-based stain blocker) to prevent previous treatments bleeding through your topcoat. It dries fast, so work quickly and evenly.
- To prevent chips and dings, choose a hard-wearing topcoat and have it tinted in your selected colour. We used Dulux Aquanamel in a semi gloss finish, a water-based paint that mimics the look of oil-based enamel.
- Use a small paintbrush and mini roller combination for ease of application and best results.
- Depending on your topcoat colour, allow for two to three coats to achieve the best coverage. Let dry after each coat.
- Clean up shellac-based products with methylated spirits; oil-based products with mineral turpentine and water-based products with water. Always follow the instructions of your chosen product.
Job complete, sit down for a cuppa and enjoy your handiwork. Clever you!