This month we make dinner fun, fast and super tasty with our delicious meals served in just 15, 20 and 30 minutes. Just like these delicious roasted thai chilli jam chicken drumsticks – try them yourself.
Recipe for roasted thai chilli jam chicken drumsticks
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
· 8 small chicken drumsticks
· 1⁄3 cup Thai chilli jam paste
· 300g bag mixed fine slaw
· 1 cup bean sprouts
· 2 green shallots, thinly sliced, plus extra, to garnish
· ¼ cup Thai-style salad dressing (from the supermarket chilled fresh produce section)
· ¼ cup roasted salted peanuts
· Coriander, to garnish
· Steamed brown and red microwave rice, to serve
· Lime wedges, to serve
Step 1: Preheat oven to 210°C. Line a large roasting pan with baking paper.
Step 2: Cut 3 slits in each drumstick at thick end. Put in a large zip-lock bag and add chilli jam. Massage to coat. Arrange in prepared pan. Roast for 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Step 3: Meanwhile, combine slaw, sprouts, shallots and dressing. Toss well. Serve chicken topped with peanuts, coriander and extra shallots, with slaw mixture, rice and lime wedges on the side.
For more delicious dinner recipes don’t miss the March issue of Better Homes and Gardens, on sale now!